Snoop Dogg calls for a BOYCOTT of "Roots"

Started by Ashley Bank$, May 31, 2016, 05:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rxxf

But AFRO, no one is disagreeing with the FACT that HISTORY needs to be TOLD.

But you can't get so wrapped up to the point where all you want to take in are these SLAVE-TOPIC films. That's not a healthy balance.
BRANDY

Rxxf

And no one with a brain is agreeing with SNOOP, Afro.
BRANDY

Rxxf

BRANDY

KING BENTLEY.

Quote from: Don't Hurt Yourself on May 31, 2016, 10:03:10 PM
Quote from: BENTLEY! on May 31, 2016, 09:56:15 PM
But I see what Snoop is saying

Can we get a Howarts mess out or fantastical story even based on voo doo, without it being a demonizing skeleton key mess out

Shit I'll even take a story set in the GHETTO if they throw magic in there. Jamal and Shameka wanna cast spells too.

I loved that British movie Attack the Block with John Boyega. It was a british hood sci fi mess out.
s

I mean it's always a catch, we can't even genuinely break into Horror ... the movies become parodies
Tales From the Hood, Leprechaun in the Hood

like... I'm tired of being a damn stereotype or slave in every movie
it's important

but I don't see them making every movie about the American Revolution scrambling away from England

H.#.G.*.Z

merkaba

I'm tired of the slave movies!

They never want to talk about the royalty! the triumphs of the BLACK ppl! always slave this, slave that! crimes! torture! I'm fucking sick of it. SHIT.

Rxxf

That's a good point.
I can't think of one true full AA horror film.
:dead:
BRANDY

Rxxf

Quote from: gudit on May 31, 2016, 11:31:26 PM

They never want to talk about the royalty! the triumphs of the BLACK ppl! always slave this, slave that! crimes! torture! I'm fucking sick of it. SHIT.
BRANDY

Rxxf

Even the idea of a "Martin meets Bewitched" concept series sounds amazing to me.
PUT THAT on TV.
Shit.
BRANDY

Rxxf

Quote from: Dumas. on May 31, 2016, 11:30:27 PM
Quote from: ? on May 31, 2016, 11:23:28 PM
But AFRO, no one is disagreeing with the FACT that HISTORY needs to be TOLD.

But you can't get so wrapped up to the point where all you want to take in are these SLAVE-TOPIC films. That's not a healthy balance.
You keep saying I wanted more slave topic films

I said I wanted stories about the Free People of Color of Louisiana.
Honey, they arrived from Haiti on their OWN terms, no shackles, coined up and were FABULOUS.

But it's still somehow connected to the SLAVE topic in a way.
It's too closely connected, IMO.

I don't know. I'm just not interested in terms of entertainment.
A Sunday night to learn more about history? Yes.
But... whatever.
BRANDY

merkaba

One day the world will know about the WARRIORS of the black race. Those who fought to preserve their bloodline. Their history. And a whip wasn't involved unless it was on a white man's back!

Rxxf

May 31, 2016, 11:40:06 PM #71 Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 11:40:34 PM by ?
Quote from: Dumas. on May 31, 2016, 11:36:16 PM
Quote from: gudit on May 31, 2016, 11:31:26 PM

I think the problem here is that people assume anything having to do with our history is automatically slavery. :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

There's so much more than that.

AFRO, please do not insult my intelligence.
:uhh:
That is not true.
Don't do that.

There's a difference of telling a NEW AA driven story without the concept of "freedom". Which is what I got from the "Free People of Color of Louisiana".
Black people are free, that goes without saying. I don't need to KNOW that in the entertainment I'm WATCHING.

Just give me a regular DAMN fucking film. of AA characters.
Shit.
BRANDY

merkaba

Why is Ralf Asian self in here talking about AA history jfjfj

BAPHOMET.

BAPHOMET.