Snoop Dogg calls for a BOYCOTT of "Roots"

Started by Ashley Bank$, May 31, 2016, 05:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley Bank$

Snoop Dogg Asks Fans to Boycott ?Roots?: ?Let?s Create Our Own S?t Based on Today?

Snoop Dogg has no plans to watch the Roots remake, and he?s telling his fans to also boycott the show.

The rapper sent out his message over social media on Monday (May 30).?I?m sick of this shit. How the f? are they going to put Roots on, on Memorial Day?? Snoop said in an Instagram video. ?They going to just to keep beating that shit into our heads about how they did us, huh??

The History channel?s revival is a four-part, eight-hour series that debuts Monday.
Snoop said he has no interest in new shows and movies ? specifically mentioning 12 Years a Slave ? that ?keep showing the abuse we took hundreds and hundreds of years ago.?
?I ain?t watching that shit, and I advise you motherf?ers as real n?-s like myself; f? them television shows,? Snoop said. ?Let?s create our own shit based on today, how we live and how we inspire people today. Black is what?s real. F? that old shit.?

The original series, based on Alex Haley?s Pulitzer Prize-winning novel, debuted on ABC in 1977.

http://thechannelhiphop.com/snoop-dogg-asks-fans-to-boycott-roots-lets-create-our-own-s-t-based-on-today/

AIDS!

He has a point
Maybe poorly worded, but a fucking point

Lazarus

I get what he's saying even though he could've cleaned it up without the usage of foul language

Vonc2002

I think this is kinda ignorant tbh. Discrimination and prejudices are not a thing of the past, so why forget our history? Why not keep our stories relevant? White people arent gonna forget theirs, why sweep ours under the rug?  It wasn't pretty, so what.  Racism is still prevalent to this very day and stories like this keep people woke and can also be empowering. Lets not forget what our ancestors went thru and what tons fought for.  It definitely wasnt to act an ass on instagram. Im offended. Faggot, u  boycotting roots but posting pics online of u smoking weed with ur son. People always wanna complain about some shit but aint doing shit to provoke a change, pls
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

Quote from: Dumas. on May 31, 2016, 05:35:55 PM
I get where he's coming from but a lot of "today" is based on mess that went down during the era of slavery. :dead: He talks as if remnants of its foundation have completely disappeared from society or something.
I MEAN!!!!!!
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

.betterwiseup

I agree.
They need to make a movie about Black Wall Street.

BAPHOMET.

I wasnt going to be checking it out anyway.

Sinpool

May 31, 2016, 06:09:44 PM #7 Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 06:10:12 PM by Don't Hurt Yourself
I'd be ok with it if it weren't for the fact that the only way for multiple black actors to be cast in a movie where they take center stage is if it's about slavery, jim crow, gang violence, or Motown.

We need variety. I don't think we need to stop slave movies I just think we need more variety.

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: .betterwiseup on May 31, 2016, 06:06:02 PM
I agree.
They need to make a movie about Black Wall Street.

did you ever see trading places with eddie murphy ??  lol jk..

but its a good movie though  :plzstop:

BAPHOMET.

Young

His wording was kinda off

But yeah I said what I said.

Not clapping for this slave / civil rights mess anymore until they start praising and promoting us in other lights as well

Cowboy Nine

May 31, 2016, 06:32:42 PM #11 Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 06:32:48 PM by Nine
Been tired of the slave mess tbh

Like there's so many more black stories that hollywood can tell

:sevynstreeter:

LOONA.

I agree

Blacks have alot of positive history that's been either erased or whitewashed in textbooks. Inventions, discoveries, etc and it needs to be talked about. 

Mel.

May 31, 2016, 06:37:01 PM #13 Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 06:41:10 PM by Mel.
I can do without the influx of slave movies/shows as well
but why don't blacks start trying to create the movies they want to see
or the depictions of us they want out there

instead of complaining about how the white man is portraying us?
YOU DO IT! Be proactive and not just reactive

Kurama