People still use this excuse?

Started by LOONA., January 05, 2017, 08:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beysus

Quote from: Real on January 06, 2017, 03:39:11 AM
Quote from: Beysus on January 06, 2017, 03:32:45 AM
Quote from: Real on January 06, 2017, 03:25:45 AM
There's no one in my life that I agree with 100%. But that doesn't mean I hate them or don't support them. It could be just one aspect of who they are or what they do that we don't see eye to eye on......and vice versa. I think what makes it different is that it seems some LGBT people make that aspect of who they are their whole identity. So it becomes an all or nothing thing. If you're not in support of it, then you automatically hate them. And that's jusr simply not the way everyone works.

And btw I'm not faulting anyone for how they choose to identify themselves. I just think that's what muddy the waters. Some people can separate that, and some can't.

Once again. Flawed. When you think about other people that you don't agree with or whatever you're disagreeing with their thoughts on things. Sexuality isn't a belief- it's an identity. You can't agree or disagree with someone's identity. And if you do disagree with someone's innate identity then you do in fact hate them. That's very different from disagreeing with someone on a view point.

I'm not here to say that racism and homophobia is the same thing because it's not but I do think this is analogous to people back in the day giving a "love ni**ers but they're just naturally below us. It's not natural for a nigger to run off without their master. A slave and her/his master is the natural order of things. This doesn't mean I hate them or don't respect them."

In both cases, people are using their "beliefs" to justify disenfranchising and marginalizing a group of people.

I can agree with the first point,  that's why I never liked the agree/disagree with terminology. Essentially,  I mean support. If someone has a religious belief that says homosexuality is wrong.....then that's just what they believe. It's still totally possible for them to have no hatred for homosexuals. Like I  said above, how much a person considers their sexuality to be apart of their complete identity can make or break that. But I understand your point.

Hmm. I'm not sure about that part, though I agree with the rest. The issue is I think most people who are religious do actually have hate for gays cuz religion is kinda based on hating parts of yourself and parts of others- the sinful nature. There's this image of a vengeful, jealous God.

Although people talk about Jesus and love, in actuality very few religious people actually practice love and are even able to love themselves without feeling shame about whatever sins they have or they find a way to love themselves by comparing themselves to others who they are "better than".

So I think there's probably only a very small number of Christians who don't have hatred for the LGBTQIA community. The vast majority do whether they admit it, shout about it, or it's conscious or not.

Aalonso.

Quote from: Beysus on January 06, 2017, 02:27:21 AM
Quote from: L0NZ. on January 05, 2017, 11:08:37 PM
Whatever you want to call it, it's entirely possible for someone to not be down with what homosexuality entails and still love and respect a homosexual. If none of you gors have at least one person in your life that convinces you of that, I'm sorry.

This logic is flawed.

It's flawed because if someone is "not down with what homosexuality entails" (which I'm assuming means same sex love, sex and marriage) it means that either:

1) they believe sexuality is a choice

AND/OR

2) they believe that homosexuality is a sin

So you either have someone who believes that you are "choosing a lifestyle" and/or someone that believes that you don't have a right to love, marriage, and sexual fulfillment.

So basically there is NO WAY this person respects you. That's a delusion that you're telling yourself. They either think you're weak and making a stupid choice or that you are a second class citizen unworthy of the same rights that they themselves are entitled to.

Nah. Ill get back to you. I have a flat this am.

GRAND

January 06, 2017, 06:13:52 AM #107 Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 06:15:12 AM by GRAND SUPREME MARSHALL
Maybe if sexuality was something like a cigarette habit or dying your hair

:dead:

But everyone -- EVERYONE that has an issue with someone being black, a woman, or disabled is a bigot.

And i just can't see the whole "it's my faith" thing being nothing more than a cop out.

But fortunately this is something I can control and if I feel like someone has an issue with me being black, gay, young -- whatever, they can be pushed to the side

Too old to take someones pity relationship.

This argument ain't shit as long as people are hiding behind religion and the whole 'it's a choice' belief

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Whatever you want to call it, it's entirely possible for someone to not be down with what homosexuality entails and still love and respect a homosexual. If none of you gors have at least one person in your life that convinces you of that, I'm sorry.

This logic is flawed.

It's flawed because if someone is "not down with what homosexuality entails" (which I'm assuming means same sex love, sex and marriage) it means that either:

AND/OR

So you either have someone who believes that you are "choosing a lifestyle" and/or someone that believes that you don't have a right to love, marriage, and sexual fulfillment.

So basically there is NO WAY this person respects you. That's a delusion that you're telling yourself. They either think you're weak and making a stupid choice or that you are a second class citizen unworthy of the same rights that they themselves are entitled to.t

Its not ur fucking place or business the reason why
Ppul have the right not to like sumthin
Now dont you go thru life wondering whyyyy someone disagrees with homosexuality u best be makin suuuuuure that they still respect u and are doin right by u regardless

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

GRAND

January 06, 2017, 06:22:17 AM #109 Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 06:23:06 AM by GRAND SUPREME MARSHALL
And I can understand how it happens

Being gay is still a huge thing - people are shocked by it, upset, unhappy, confused ect

And a lot of people think they're not having interactions with homosexuals because they're just not aware that we're no different from everyone else.

So when your loved ones find out, you don't want to lose them. Who would? You've grown to know and love them.

But if someone can't realize that who you are goes far beyond who you have feelings for, and thinks it's a problem -- they don't fcking deserve you.

Religion isn't a good enough reason to tell someone they're less of a human being. Never will be.

Beysus

Quote from: TheNextLew on January 06, 2017, 06:15:45 AM

This logic is flawed.

AND/OR

So basically there is NO WAY this person respects you. That's a delusion that you're telling yourself. They either think you're weak and making a stupid choice or that you are a second class citizen unworthy of the same rights that they themselves are entitled to.t

Now dont you go thru life wondering whyyyy someone disagrees with homosexuality u best be makin suuuuuure that they still respect u and are doin right by u regardless

1) When did I say it was my business or life goal to know why people feel the way they do? Idgaf

2) Let's be clear: people aren't not liking "something". They're not liking PEOPLE. So basically you support their right to be a bigot. Sounds pretty shitty to me. As a Black, queer woman and just a human being, I can never say it's ok for someone to dislike another human being purely based on a part of their identity as opposed to their personal characteristics.

3) My way of maximizing the chances that I'm surrounded by people who actually respect me is to make sure I'm around people who don't say dumb shit like "I don't agree with the homosexual lifestyle", "I love the sinner, but hate the sin" etc. because they don't in face actually respect me and being in that environment is toxic.

Real

Quote from: Beysus on January 06, 2017, 06:05:35 AM
Quote from: Real on January 06, 2017, 03:39:11 AM
Quote from: Beysus on January 06, 2017, 03:32:45 AM
Quote from: Real on January 06, 2017, 03:25:45 AM
There's no one in my life that I agree with 100%. But that doesn't mean I hate them or don't support them. It could be just one aspect of who they are or what they do that we don't see eye to eye on......and vice versa. I think what makes it different is that it seems some LGBT people make that aspect of who they are their whole identity. So it becomes an all or nothing thing. If you're not in support of it, then you automatically hate them. And that's jusr simply not the way everyone works.

And btw I'm not faulting anyone for how they choose to identify themselves. I just think that's what muddy the waters. Some people can separate that, and some can't.

Once again. Flawed. When you think about other people that you don't agree with or whatever you're disagreeing with their thoughts on things. Sexuality isn't a belief- it's an identity. You can't agree or disagree with someone's identity. And if you do disagree with someone's innate identity then you do in fact hate them. That's very different from disagreeing with someone on a view point.

I'm not here to say that racism and homophobia is the same thing because it's not but I do think this is analogous to people back in the day giving a "love ni**ers but they're just naturally below us. It's not natural for a nigger to run off without their master. A slave and her/his master is the natural order of things. This doesn't mean I hate them or don't respect them."

In both cases, people are using their "beliefs" to justify disenfranchising and marginalizing a group of people.

I can agree with the first point,  that's why I never liked the agree/disagree with terminology. Essentially,  I mean support. If someone has a religious belief that says homosexuality is wrong.....then that's just what they believe. It's still totally possible for them to have no hatred for homosexuals. Like I  said above, how much a person considers their sexuality to be apart of their complete identity can make or break that. But I understand your point.

Hmm. I'm not sure about that part, though I agree with the rest. The issue is I think most people who are religious do actually have hate for gays cuz religion is kinda based on hating parts of yourself and parts of others- the sinful nature. There's this image of a vengeful, jealous God.

Although people talk about Jesus and love, in actuality very few religious people actually practice love and are even able to love themselves without feeling shame about whatever sins they have or they find a way to love themselves by comparing themselves to others who they are "better than".

So I think there's probably only a very small number of Christians who don't have hatred for the LGBTQIA community. The vast majority do whether they admit it, shout about it, or it's conscious or not.

I don't know. I feel like you're making alot of generalizations and blanket statements about religious people. No doubt there are some that fall into the picture you're painting, but I think it's just too broad of a group to make such definitive statements. But we've all had different experiences, so I can't knock your perspective. My experience and perspective is different.

I do find it disheartening that religion has left so many scorned and embittered though. There's work to be done all around.

Admin

Beysus and Ton are preaching in here :traciandchelle:

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Beysus on January 06, 2017, 06:25:07 AM
Quote from: TheNextLew on January 06, 2017, 06:15:45 AM

This logic is flawed.

AND/OR

1) When did I say it was my business or life goal to know why people feel the way they do? Idgaf

2) Let's be clear: people aren't not liking "something". They're not liking PEOPLE. So basically you support their right to be a bigot. Sounds pretty shitty to me. As a Black, queer woman and just a human being, I can never say it's ok for someone to dislike another human being purely based on a part of their identity as opposed to their personal characteristics.

3) My way of maximizing the chances that I'm surrounded by people who actually respect me is to make sure I'm around people who don't say dumb shit like "I don't agree with the homosexual lifestyle", "I love the sinner, but hate the sin" etc. because they don't in face actually respect me and being in that environment is toxic.

1) if u cant take their decision at face value then sometning is wrong with u
Its a simple agree to disagree situation and that doesnt hinder a relationship or friendship or mutual respect

And first thing thats flying out of ur mouf is a but why the but why and  u only dislike it because...is not ir place like i said  if the person is cool u with then its clear they arent bigoted

And if we continue with the fuckery of thinking this can be applied to.many character traits

I dont see why sexuality is anydifferent

Its like im homophobic cause i dont agree with homosexuality yet we cool anyway because im not fucking so it dont matter like

Different

GRAND

v

You can accept everything but Mel and his long hair and light skin huh?

:overit:

Eternal Bell

beysus lettin yall taste tha damns rainbow

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Perfect example is my coworker hes cool as fuck married  completley secure and  doesnt care if ur homosexual but its not for him so...like

Yall forcing us to like it now u fags would fucking cringe if someone tried to force sutn i didnt like or agree with

Like uncut peen lets talk about the root of disliking that fags

Different

GRAND

Quote from: TheNextLew on January 06, 2017, 07:01:14 AM
Perfect example is my coworker hes cool as fuck married  completley secure and  doesnt care if ur homosexual but its not for him so...like

Yall forcing us to like it now u fags would fucking cringe if someone tried to force sutn i didnt like or agree with

Like uncut peen lets talk about the root of disliking that fags
I don't think anyone here would try to fuck this married straight man but you

How does that conversation even come up. HEY HEHE YOU TRIED GAY SEX? Unless you were trying to get at him

Lew bye

Eternal Bell

vnmdddddddddddddddddddddddddw

not for him in wat way
r gays tryna FUCK him?!

this makes no fckin sense lew

GRAND

Quote from: Bad Gorl Tinker on January 06, 2017, 07:04:12 AM

vnmdddddddddddddddddddddddddw

not for him in wat way
r gays tryna FUCK him?!

this makes no fckin sense lew
lew was
:overit: