Oscar nods (Hidden figures, fences, and Moonlight receive nods)

Started by Vonc2002, January 24, 2017, 09:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAY7

Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 24, 2017, 10:03:51 PM
Quote from: AYR on January 24, 2017, 09:53:43 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 24, 2017, 09:49:10 PM
Im sitting here thinking about past winners and i can think of numerous times this has been done as a matter of fact.  Marisa tomei was literally the only actress in my cousin Vinny.  They KNEW that bitch wasn't gonna win for lead actress. She damn near shouldn't have won for supporting, but that's what she won..........even with being the lead female in that film
so there IS a difference? which is my point
clearly LEAD actress is put in higher regard by what you're saying
Thats not what i said :dead:
We already agreed that its strategy to give the the actor the best chance at winning.  Based on who else is being buzzed about, what ur performance was, etc they submit u accordingly.  Marisa didn't have a leading actress performance, other actresses are more buzzed about than viola to win, so WHATEVER the reason, they put u where they feel like u have the best odds.  This has nothing to do with the caliber of the award. Uve literally never heard anyone break down what made someone an Oscar winner, just that they ARE one
this is not logical Vonc :dead: if the more buzzed, or better performance or whatever gets the Best Actress award :uhh:
Have you ever heard of someone going for Lead because Supporting is harder to win? :dead: :dead: :dead:

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

BAPHOMET.

Vonc2002

What i wanna know is why 2nd chiron didn't get any nominations tho? He was the best actor in the movie
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

GLOCK

Quote from: Corporate Cannibal. on January 24, 2017, 10:30:31 PM
Not sure why Octavia is nominated.

But BOOK Viola! She's going to win.

I want to see "Lion".

I knew Taraji wouldn't be nominated.
yeah LMAO

Vonc2002

Quote from: Corporate Cannibal. on January 24, 2017, 10:30:31 PM
Not sure why Octavia is nominated.

But BOOK Viola! She's going to win.

I want to see "Lion".

I knew Taraji wouldn't be nominated.
Im not really sure why they giving octavia so much for HF either. 

MelMel

Oscar Winner Octavia Spencer has one before Kerry :blessed:

and fuck Scandal

BrokenHeartsHeal

Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 24, 2017, 10:13:24 PM
What i wanna know is why 2nd chiron didn't get any nominations tho? He was the best actor in the movie

Bish

Quote from: BrokenHeartsHeal on January 24, 2017, 10:54:42 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 24, 2017, 10:13:24 PM
I agree. But it's all about politics.

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Best Actress

Isabelle Huppert, Elle

Ruth Negga, Loving

Natalie Portman, Jackie

Emma Stone, La La Land

Meryl Streep, Florence Foster Jenkins

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Vonc2002

I forgot Ruth was nominated for Loving. She's African btw lol

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 24, 2017, 11:09:09 PM
I forgot Ruth was nominated for Loving. She's African btw lol

im not to worried bout the africans right nah

but viola would be up against streep again

oh my

they did ha a favor

part of me things she will still get snubbed tho
for trying to circumvent her catagory :plzstop:

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Vonc2002

So basically a black actress IS nominated in lead actress and putting viola in supporting actress essentially clinches her the win, strategic thru n thru.   Meryl streep is definitely not winning for florence foster jenkins btw.  Nominating her is something like a formality at this point.  The lead will go to Emma. I love Ruth but she was pretty MEH in loving