Nicki Minaj pulls out of BET Experience and Awards after being disrespected

Started by Lazarus, February 11, 2019, 02:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

Nicki Minaj is cutting ties with BET.

The rap queen has announced that she will no longer be participating in this year?s BET Experience and BET Awards. ?Young Money will no longer be apart of the BET Experience or award show,? she tweeted on Monday (Feb. 11).

The lineup for the 7th annual BET Experience was announced last month and featured Nicki and Cardi B as headliners. Lil Wayne was also among the performers, but according to Nicki?s tweet, he has also dropped out.

Nicki revealed the reason behind her sudden cancelation, sharing screenshots of a Facebook post from BET. The article, which links to BET.com, is about Cardi winning the Best Rap Album Grammy, but it was the caption that didn?t sit well with Nicki. ?Meanwhile, Nicki Minaj is being dragged by her lacefront,? read the post, which has since been deleted.

She also shared tweets from fans who blasted BET for the disrespectful commentary. ?Nicki Minaj didn?t revive a whole genre, write her own raps for over a decade, & bring y?all ghetto ass award shows viewers for y?all to disrespect and bully her like this,? wrote one fan.

Nicki retweeted another fan who quoted Malcolm X, writing, ??The most disrespected person in America is the black woman.? Whew chile, Malcolm X never lied.?

She went on to share more Instagram comments blasting BET. ?Meanwhile, BET is being dragged by their lace front,? she captioned them.

The Young Money rapper plans to announce dates for her own U.S. tour, which will kick off in the summer. But first, she is set to launch her ?Nicki WRLD Tour? with Juice WRLD on Feb. 21 in Munich, Germany. The European trek wraps March 28 in Geneva, Switzerland.

The 7th annual BET Experience will be held from June 20-22 at L.A. LIVE at Staples Center. In addition to Cardi, the current lineup includes Tory Lanez, Migos, Lil Yachty, Lil Baby, Trippie Redd, and more.

According to Nicki, refunds will be available to those who already purchased their tickets.

Link

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Cartierline

Yeah BET of all people shouldn't have tweeted some shit like that.

She's right to drop out if she felt disrespected.

Vonc2002

BET shouldn't have tweeted that tho.  Very unprofessional.  Ur supposed to remain unbiased as a media outlet.......... especially if the girl is performing at ur mess later in the yr :plzstop:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

They know that girl is already fuming about that grammy win and then to salt the wound :kii:

yummy

She has every right to be offended, that tweet was tacky as hell and I would be kind of pissed if I had just won a major award and major publications were bringing up the next bitch

Cardi should lash them too

Kurama

Quote from: Cartier on February 11, 2019, 02:53:30 PM
Yeah BET of all people shouldn't have tweeted some shit like that.

She's right to drop out if she felt disrespected.

LOONA.

How do you retweet civil rights quotes one second and then label BET a "ghetto ass show" the next second?

She loves being "black" when it's convenient for her   

:dead:

yummy

Quote from: Steffon on February 11, 2019, 03:01:23 PM
Oh well. Lets get Brandy on board

ssssss

We can barely get Brandy on stage and what does she have to do with this

:udontlookok:

LOONA.

HUGO

Quote from: LOONA. on February 11, 2019, 03:00:03 PM
How do you retweet civil rights quotes one second and then label BET a "ghetto ass show" the next second?

this!

FlowerBomb

literally
like when she tried to get the girls to drag giuseppe's when she wasn't paid and tried to make it a black issue :dead: :dead: :dead:

Vonc2002

We can give Nicki this one tho a bit cant we?  Aint no way I'd be performing and partnering with a company that thinks it's okay to blantantly disrespect me. I can't lie, I get this one. Also, i know she's probably fuming because companies that were just all up her ass a couple of yrs ago have legit tossed her to the side for the next bitch :kii:
Granted i think the way she treats people and her reputation are why she is where she is