David Otunga (J Hud's man) briefly speaks on Adele and R&B artists

Started by tigernathan, December 01, 2015, 04:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bentley!

These fumes are really unwarranted guys :dead:

Adele is talented
She makes amazing music, a great vocalist
And of course she's white so that opens her up to another demographic.
Beyonc? is light skin, curvy, and wears blonde wigs, which opens her up to another demographic. It's like stating the obvious at this point :dead:

But the BULK of her success is because of her talent, drive, and great music. I would never take that away from somebody because of their skin color.

And you can say "oh but Jazzys better!"
But you don't have everybody else's ears. We like runs, white ppl don't. Maybe it's the concensus us of America that Adele's music is simple, catchy, but still something you can feel.

Fanny? Not everybody likes ppl acting out on a track
J Hud? Not everybody likes ppl SCREAMING all the damn time :dead:

Bentley!

Usually the ppl that make it THIS big, have mastered that gray area of watering the music down but still keeping a piece of themselves. Because you reach more ppl.

I admit Adele's songwriting is simple and repeatative, but BOOM, a broader audience of ppl are captured.

There's no coincidence that NSN did 14 mil and then the gorls looked at WAU like... Oh she's adding GREASE to it, no thanks! :dead:

RnB in the 90's took big steps, blending pop/country ... incorporating hip-hop

But it was only a matter of time that RnB as we know it would get redundant like all other genres until someone revives it.

It'll come back around in some form :dead:

But if he thinks J Hud can link up with Neyo and put out crap mixed with late 05 pop influences and EXPECT her to get some big opportunity to go diamond, he's crazy :kii:

GYNandTONIC

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This!!!!!!!!!!!! All of it!!!!

yummy

v

Ray and Gen' are just mad Adele came along and made Bey's "game changer" alb' look like a fluke.

RAY7

She didn't though Lolz
She released 25 on a Friday because of Bey's game changer
no one can make it look like a fluke
I like Adele but Bent's essays are bull

JDM

I got so tired of girls getting naked on music videos, sometimes can't even barely sing that I'm glad to see what happens to Adele. To me, it's a message send to the music world that we want to get back to MUSIC.

Bentley!

Quote from: ........ on December 02, 2015, 12:11:02 PM
She didn't though Lolz
well to be fair you're illogical so anything drenched in logic is bull to you :kii:

RAY7

Quote from: Bentley! on December 02, 2015, 12:38:57 PM
Quote from: ........ on December 02, 2015, 12:11:02 PM
She didn't though Lolz
well to be fair you're illogical so anything drenched in logic is bull to you :kii:
there must be an exception to every rule
because those essays really are bull

Bentley!

And how come you or nobody else made these type of rants when Bey did what she did?

Because she's "black" :dead:

Hunny lemme tell you, that gorl has had MORE breaks than any entertainer of ALL time white or black :kii:

And still putting out sucky music :kii:

But even still, let's use your logic.

"Oh if a black singer did what Adele does it wouldn't work"

Bey's is our black champion right?!
Um..... was there anything like HELLO on her alberm.

Or was she naked dancing around, getting out of limos wiping Jay-Z's CUM off of her got damn chin

But I didn't see ONE soapbox gorl complain. Is that how you wanna be represented?! "Oh Queen Bey trending! Slaying all the gorls!" Yea translation Slaying all the BLACK gorls

But see, yawl buy into this shit

So yea, don't really care about the soapbox gorls.

Glad Adele is keeping her clothes ON, being CLASSY, and making GREAT music.

White OR Black

Bentley!

And if we do wanna talk color relations and unfairness

Then Adele is selling more for the same reason Beyonc? and Tina had Kelly looking like a Heath bar dipped in kool aid so many years

And the gorls STILL don't support Kelly as much even tho they sound alike vocally :dead: and Kelly dancing better

Like ssssss

Get outta here with this white this, white that mess. :dead:

It's happening within your OWN iTunes library

VirgoMind

Quote from: GYNandTONIC on December 01, 2015, 09:48:13 AM
Quote from: Culture on December 01, 2015, 09:31:10 AM
If Jazmine or Fantasia sang 'Hello' they wouldn't be selling 3 million first week

First off their singing style isnt palatable enough to cross cultural barriers. Fanny would sing it like a gospel song and the other would be running until the wheels feel off. Adeles voice has enough soul for blacks to dig in and pop enough for the white kids.

For the record Im black and very pro black!

But I said what I said, and Im sticking to it.

I see what you're saying.

And if for example if Fantasia or Jazzy did record hello.  People would the be able to find songs on their album talking about being a Baby Mom, Hood Nigga this, hood love that. Etc... Where as Adele literally has an album with content that EVERYONE can relate to no matter age, gender, or ethnicity. Her music is very universal.

MAY

Quote from: Bentley! on December 02, 2015, 12:45:19 PM
And how come you or nobody else made these type of rants when Bey did what she did?

Hunny lemme tell you, that gorl has had MORE breaks than any entertainer of ALL time white or black :kii:

Or was she naked dancing around, getting out of limos wiping Jay-Z's CUM off of her got damn chin

But I didn't see ONE soapbox gorl complain. Is that how you wanna be represented?! "Oh Queen Bey trending! Slaying all the gorls!" Yea translation Slaying all the BLACK gorls

White OR Black

Well, when you put it like THAT :-o

RAY7

Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on December 02, 2015, 01:18:15 PM
Quote from: Bentley! on December 02, 2015, 12:45:19 PM

White OR Black

Well, when you put it like THAT :-o
its still bullshit