Trayvon Martin, Tamir Rice, And Mike Brown’s Parents In Bey's new video

Started by BAPHOMET., March 26, 2016, 12:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: NexTae on March 26, 2016, 01:20:46 PM
I don't think people realize that sis didn't HAVE to do any of this! Forget the charts or whatever, this is one of the biggest international superstars; people were already anticipating her next move long before Formation. She doesn't NEED this to sell or garner buzz lol. It's actually a big risk she's taking here since it's pretty much catered to one demographic.

Herb.

!!!!

I was just thinking that. She's really going for the Black audience. Which in itself is commendable. Honestly if Matthew were still in control of things none of this would be happening. In my opinion.

KING BENTLEY.

:dead:
No shade girls, but why is this thread full of negativity and attacking others for their opinions?

There should be no "gotcha" moment or "I told you so". End of discussion :uhh:

Anyways, so glad these parents are gonna get another chance to express themselves. THATS what matters.

I would've rather sat in this thread and discussed the positive impact this COULD have

But if the girls are just gonna sit and bash others

Then I'm outta here LOLZ

H.#.G.*.Z

AIDS!

Work!
No one else is bringing up these important issues in their music and performance
I think we're fortunate to have one of the biggest stars in the world doing this
Michael and Janet touched on this but not as overt as Beyonce is doing it
Gotta applaud her for that

Glenda

Quote from: BENTLEY! on March 26, 2016, 01:25:46 PM
No shade girls, but why is this thread full of negativity and attacking others for their opinions?

Anyways, so glad these parents are gonna get another chance to express themselves. THATS what matters.

I would've rather sat in this thread and discussed the positive impact this COULD have

Then I'm outta here LOLZ

!!

Herb.

'fas has always been hood as fuck IMO. Just looking at her interviews and mess before she got so media trained.......the fact that  Independent Woman Part 2 was actually the first version of the song, that she wrote, until they made them change it into something more pop.. :dead: little stuff like that tells me that 'fas enjoys being Black. she loves her culture. BDay alone. She is the epitome of a strong Black womuh.

Yes she has her Creole heritage, and mess, and she has every right to celebrate that as well cuz its hers and she's not claiming something she's not. But at the end of the day she still realizes she is a Black womuh. And she is proud of ALL of her heritage. And the disadvantages and hurdles that come with it, for her and others. I am HERE for 'fas and everything this bitch is standing for.

Glenda

Quote from: GOLD on March 26, 2016, 01:26:12 PM
Work!
No one else is bringing up these important issues in their music and performance
I think we're fortunate to have one of the biggest stars in the world doing this
Michael and Janet touched on this but not as overt as Beyonce is doing it
Gotta applaud her for that

!!! THIS is iconic

Glenda

Quote from: Herbie on March 26, 2016, 01:29:37 PM
'fas has always been hood as fuck IMO. Just looking at her interviews and mess before she got so media trained.......the fact that  Independent Woman Part 2 was actually the first version of the song, that she wrote, until they made them change it into something more pop.. :dead: little stuff like that tells me that 'fas enjoys being Black. she loves her culture. BDay alone. She is the epitome of a strong Black womuh.

Yes she has her Creole heritage, and mess, and she has every right to celebrate that as well cuz its hers and she's not claiming something she's not. But at the end of the day she still realizes she is a Black womuh. And she is proud of ALL of her heritage. And the disadvantages and hurdles that come with it, for her and others. I am HERE for 'fas and everything this bitch is standing for.

:letsmessfag: well said 'fro

LiiVE

Wow the bey haters are getting lashed out!

But yeah luv bey for taking a stand!❤️✊🏾

Herb.

Then I'm outta here LOLZ
At what point in this thread did someone bash anyone?

If you REALLY want to go where it shouldn't have been anything, there shouldn't have been a question of what messages, big or small, could be sent to communicate Black pride.

If you didn't spend so much time sitting down challenging a message there would be no need to address it , or celebrate the fact that there is proof that I wasn't supporting something false or fake, or nonexistent. 

Take accountability for your own misunderstanding. That's the last I'll say to you on this.

Ulysses

Guys, it's only the Rihtards upset about this.

I dont see her using her 400 copies in her first day influence to help make a change or talk awareness. Or even showing any concern. Maybe a fear that 400 copies in her first day might change to 200 copies in her first day for speaking on such a topic.

Whether you think she is being "opportunist" or not, Beyonc? is SPEAKING on it.

FAMÈ

BranLover

Quote from: Herbie on March 26, 2016, 01:29:37 PM

!
I'm here for this bitch! :stressed:

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: Herbie on March 26, 2016, 01:33:06 PM

Then I'm outta here LOLZ
At what point in this thread did someone bash anyone?

If you REALLY want to go where it shouldn't have been anything, there shouldn't have been a question of what messages, big or small, could be sent to communicate Black pride.

If you didn't spend so much time sitting down challenging a message there would be no need to address it , or celebrate the fact that there is proof that I wasn't supporting something false or fake.

Take accountability for your own misunderstanding. That's the last I'll say to you on this.

Cartierline

Quote from: Ulysses on March 26, 2016, 01:33:13 PM
Guys, it's only the Rihtards upset about this.

I dont see her using her 400 copies in her first day influence to help make a change or talk awareness. Or even showing any concern. Maybe a fear that 400 copies in her first day might change to 200 copies in her first day for speaking on such a topic.

Whether you think she is being "opportunist" or not, Beyonc? is SPEAKING on it.
Faggot stfu, Rih stays perched on yout bothered mind :uhh:

Anyway, this is pretty cool of Bey. Great way to raise awareness and remind people of what happened to those poor children.